Friday, April 27, 2012

Anything but study.

I only have one more final and it just so happens to be in Chemistry. ew. My brain is over school. It's over Chemistry, so I have been doing anything and everything but studying. 

I figure if I don't know it by now, I'm not going to learn it. Great thinking, right?

Therefore, I've started new projects and they make me smile so I thought I'd share them with you!

It is kinda hard to take pictures of vintage clothing when you have to be the model and the photographer. And, I don't want to keep bugging people aka, my Mom, to take pictures for me. So, I decided to make my own dress form to be the model. I don't have the $350.00 and upwards to buy the one I want for the shop so I figured I'd spend $6 on duct tape and coerce my mom into wrapping me up in it. The effect was this after stuffing it and covering the holes with cardboard.


It didn't really work all too great for pictures. The duct tape flashes and etc. So I decided to take a gold sheet and sew a cover for it. In the end, this is how it turned out. 


I've got to do something the the bottom, but when clothes and dresses are on it, you can't see it so it's not an issue right now haha. After I got the form all worked out I decided the wall wasn't working. The lighting was different in like every picture it looked like the wall was different colors. So I took a white curtain and hung it on a rod behind the dress form. 


We'll see if it helps for the shop!

What do you think? Does it look somewhat like this?






No comments:

Post a Comment